Eating Disorders: Early signs of anorexia in teenagers – Be informed
Early signs of anorexia; the anorexia (Anorexia Nervosa) is an ailment that affects generally the teenagers. It is expected that one in one hundred suffers. And despite the fact that absolutely everyone of any age can go through this disorder, the best chance approximately 80% is between 14 and 18 years.
The great way to fight this ailment is to be well informed. If the parents know the sickness and the early signs of anorexia, they may be prepared to stumble on it of their children if it seems.
Among the main causes of this disease are following:
- Genetic factors
- Physiological – pathology characterized by problems inside the digestive and endocrine machine whilst a person feels pain or different ugly symptoms in the course of or after a meal, so he deliberately refuses to consume well;
Early signs of anorexia consist of:
- Attitudes of isolation, loneliness or depression. Circle of pals an increasing number of closes. Obsessive growth in hours of look at and different “useful” sports.
- Changes in behavior in terms of food: no longer take into account with the rest of the family at the time of ingesting, obsession with the caloric composition of meals.
- The exaggerated increase of the exercise of physical workout.
- Dissatisfaction with their physical appearance, particularly with regards to weight.
Symptoms and Warning Signs
- Weight lack of 15% or more underneath expected weight
- Inappropriate use of laxatives, or diuretics so as to lose weight
- Dental decay which can arise with self-precipitated vomiting
- Yellow or stained skin
- Depression that may be gift in addition to eating sickness
- Restrictions on meals intake with the aid of choice
- Absence of menstruation
- Skeletal muscular atrophy
- Loss of fatty tissue
- Low blood pressure
- Most humans with anorexia or bulimia refuse to recognize that they have an eating ailment (reluctance)
What to do if your child has these signs
If you see any of those symptoms to your teen or you believe you studied you can have anorexia even if you do not see those signs, you must touch your health practitioner right away. An early prognosis is a fine manner to combat this ailment.