Amazing Health Benefits of Sauerkraut and How to Make a Sauerkraut
Cabbage is a vegetable of nice nutritionary value (like different vegetables of the cruciferous family like cauliflower, Brussels sprouts or broccoli), the results of its fermentation, sauerkraut, has the big advantage of multiplying those useful health benefits of sauerkraut throughout the method of lactic fermentation.
10. Health Benefits of Sauerkraut or Fermented Cabbage
1. Throughout the fermentation of cabbage, the microorganisms multiply, favoring the probiotic result that’s so helpful to our microorganism flora. Our intestines contain helpful bacteria that are chargeable for carrying out many vital tasks, like keeping unhealthful organisms (including fungi like candida) under control.
These bacteria additionally favor the absorption of nutrients from the food we eat, restore or defend our bowel from the consequences of medications (antibiotics) and defend us against infections.
2. Sauerkraut is wealthy in vitamins A, B1, B2 and C. vitamin C is important for the absorption of iron also as being necessary for various reactions in our body. That is why vitamin C is crucial to avoid anemia.
On the other hand vitamins B1 and B2 are vital for our nervous system, intervening in the method of learning and memory, they additionally delay aging, lookout of our hair and nails and are essential for the stages of growth. Vitamin A prevents cataracts and eye disease and participates in the development of bones.
3. Soured cabbage has lactic acid that contains good microorganism that improves digestion and absorption of nutrients. For this reason, probiotics are very helpful for people that have digestive issues thanks to lack or malfunction of digestive enzymes. Regulate the bacterial microflora of the bowel and management it by reducing the number of free radicals.
4. It provides us minerals like calcium, iron, phosphorus or magnesium. Vital minerals in order that our bones will grow well, our muscles don’t have deficiencies or that our nervous system will perform its functions.
5. It will increase the depurative process of the organism and improves conditions like arthritis (high uric acid), arthritis, etc.
6. The fermented cabbage is wealthy in enzymes, which are the catalysts of the many chemical processes that occur in our body being essential for good health. Enzymes are reduced as we become old and thanks to unhealthy eating habits, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco or medications.
7. Incorporating fermented cabbage into our diet we are helping to improve biological process disorders, inflamed intestine or diarrhea, and constipation.
8. Probiotics favor the functioning of organs as necessary as the liver and also the pancreas.
9. One of the crucial health benefits of sauerkraut is that improves our immune system. Due to this, we are able to avoid and fight from the cold to inflammation, allergies or urinary tract infection, and have even been verified to be capable of inhibiting the development of cancer cells.
Many studies have already been conducted that conclude that sauerkraut or cabbage is in a position to reduce the chance of suffering from differing kinds of cancer like breast, colon, lung, liver or prostate cancer.
10. Have a positive effect on your appetite control and for that is important in weight loss process try sauerkraut diet plan to help you lose weight.
How to Prepare Fermented Cabbage or So-called Sauerkraut
1 cc. unrefined sea salt
First of all wash the cabbage well, then proceed to finely chop it, leave one or two of leaves without chopping, we are going to need them later.
In the bowl or container that you just selected to work, place the cabbage that you previously chopped, add the tablespoon of sea salt.
Proceed to stir gently for about ten minutes, attempt to not disrupt the cabbage therefore as we said you must “massage” the cabbage slowly in order that this doesn’t happen.
It is fully normal for the cabbage to diminish and start to release a little water or liquid, this is often a part of the procedure of the formula of sauerkraut or soured cabbage.
Once you have got followed the steps above, fill the container with cabbage and press it down with enough force, you have got to tighten it well, once there are about 2 fingers to achieve the highest of the container place the pair of leaves of the cabbage that you did not chop previously, they need to be whole, they’ll act as an insulator, it’s necessary that you simply press hard on them and so you need to leave something that exerts the same pressure and weight on them, they have to stay pushed down.
Now combine in a separate bowl, 2-3 tablespoons of sea salt per liter of water, keep in mind to combine well until the salt dissolves. This mixture is used to fill the container in which the cabbage is until it’s well submerged within the water.
Finally, close the pot or container well in order that it may be well preserved throughout the fermentation time.
The package has got to stay at room temperature, avoid direct light; the method can last between one and a couple of weeks (you can leave it up to eight weeks if you wish).